|Top 10 Reasons to give Green Gifts this Holiday Season
St. Augustine Beach, FL December 7 , 2007 -- Pure Zing, publisher of PureZing.com, a natural products review website catering to health-conscious consumers, offers the following Letterman-style “TOP TEN REASONS” to give environmentally-friendly gifts.
Top Ten Reasons to Give Green Gifts this Holiday Season
10. If the gift recipient throws it away, at least it's biodegradable.
9. You can replace not knowing the chemistry of parabens, with your not
knowing the chemistry of rainforest botanicals.
8. Before green gifts, indigenous tribes of pygmies with access to scarce
jungle herbs never owned Hollywood mansions and drove Porsches.
7. Giving green gifts helps compensate for carbon-spendy office Christmas
parties: According to research carried out by Canon in 2006, over six
million PCs will be left on over Christmas, consuming nearly forty
million kilowatt hours of electricity.
6. Since refusal to play "gifting" is regarded as social deviancy, green
gifting is payback, forcing gift recipients to "face the eco-music"
5. Compensating for your bad carbon karma in the past, you can trade some good karma offsets today,
4. Because bling is hipper' n' nice if its no-conflict ice.
3. Because some of your girlfriends would really look fab in the skin-tight animal outfits seen on the PETA eco-activists.
2. Because friends don't give friends icky chemicals.
1. And the Number One reason to give green gifts: If the nature of a gift reflects what you think of a friend, then a green gift means you think they are non-toxic, authentic and socially responsible. Reverse
these qualities for non-green gifts.
In the end, every gift we buy comes with an environmental price tag: CO2 made from the gift’s manufacturing and shipping. So the best gift to the Planet is in fact giving no gifts at all.
If you must consume this holiday season, consume thoughtfully. Check out Pure Zing’s Holiday Gifts for some planet-kind gifts, from the divinely decadent, the practical, to personal skin care and makeup (minus parabens and phthalates of course).
About Pure Zing
Founded in 2006, Pure Zing is a consumer-driven e-shopping portal hosting over 1000 reviews of health-related and earth-friendly, ecochic products. Headquartered in St. Augustine, FL, Pure Zing only reviews natural food and skin-case products that are free of chemicals, toxins, artificiality and preservatives, as well as home and health products which are in the best interests of humans, animals and the planet. For more information please visit: www.purezing.com or www.purezing.com/wp.
All copyrights and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contact: Lisa Thorell